Sunday, January 15, 2012

Got Kilt???


We made our first trip to the Scottish Highland Games.  It was a wonderful chilly "Scottish" day and bagpipes filled the air.  Men in kilts lifting heaving things made my day.  What an awesome time had by all. 

The boys were able to do a Caber and Sheaf toss. 

These two lads were enjoying themselves

My favorite event was the Border Collies Demo.  Quoting the funny guy in front of me, "I can't even remember my Facebook login and this dog can get those sheep to anything."  I think he was frequenting the Scottish beer tent but entertaining none the less...

"SHEEP!!!!" ~ Steve Carell in Evan Almighty

"Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion" ~ Scottish Proverb

This dude was "tossing" a 56 lb weight over a crossbar in the Weight for Height competition.  Incredible.  Compression shirt + kilt = AWESOME

The Clan Societies Opening Ceremonies were pretty cool. 

{LOL}

I quoted Highlander and Braveheart all day





 









No comments:

Post a Comment