Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rainy Day Fun!

It's Friday.  Tyler is at school.  We have rain in the forecast.  So much for Mason and I taking our walk and feeding the ducks.  What am I going to do with a 3 year old ALL DAY LONG???

Seriously...3 year olds scare me {LOL}

I've always wanted to make a "sensory box".  Basically it's a box filled with rice, beans, sand, gravel, dirt (or anything really) then you add funnels, shovels, spoons, etc.  Anything a preschooler can use safely will fly. 

Here's what I had laying around the house.  I check my recycle bin and found empty yogurt cups I cleaned up. 

I found a really cool thread for dying rice on www.momtastic.com.  It worked really well.  All you need is food coloring and vinegar.  Very easy and super fun!

Here's our "Sensory Box"! 

Mason loved it!

I was surprised Tyler was interested in it as well...great rainy day activity!



No comments:

Post a Comment